Bending press operator
The worker adjusts and operates a CNC bending press to shape pieces of steel or other metals used in the manufacturing of the company’s products.
- Read and interpret bending plans, specifications or instructions.
- Measure and mark the bending lines on the work piece to minimize material losses.
- Plan the sequence of the folding parts.
- Adjust the pressure and stroke of the bending press according to the materials and their thickness.
- Adjust the guidelines and stoppers to maximize the accuracy and quality of bending.
- Place the metal piece against the guidelines and stoppers.
- Start and monitor the progress of the bending operation.
- Verify the conformity of the finished product with the plans and/or bending instructions.
- If necessary, make some corrections and/or adjustments.
- Perform all other connected tasks attributed by the supervisor.
- Apply all CSST rules.
- To carry out the work, the employee must use among other things a calculator, a crane, a grinder and a band saw.
Training and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- More than one year of experience in the field of shaping
- Good manual dexterity
- The worker must have a good coordination and manual dexterity in which precision is essential.
- The worker must maintain a high concentration and be attentive to detail during the accomplishment of the task.
- The worker is in constant movement (standing, kneeling, bending over) and must lift weights (more than 20 kg).
- The employee performs an activity requiring a constant effort of his hands and/or arms.