The worker adjusts and operates a CNC saw for cutting steel or other metal material used in the manufacturing of the company’s products.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications or cutting instructions.
- Measure and mark the cutting lines on the work piece to minimize the loss of material.
- Plan the order of the parts to cut.
- Adjust the saw according to the material, thickness and cutting angles.
- Place the metal part and lock the retaining elements.
- Operate and monitor the progress of the cutting operation.
- Verify conformity of the finished products with the plans or cutting instructions.
- Correct or adjust finished products if necessary.
- Perform all other connected tasks attributed by the supervisor.
- Apply all CSST rules.
- To carry out the work, the worker must use a crane, drill, grinder and a punch.
Training and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in the field of metal cutting
- Manual dexterity
- The worker must possess good coordination and/or manual dexterity and precision is essential.
- The worker must maintain a high concentration and be attentive to detail during the accomplishment of the task.
- The worker is in constant movement (standing, kneeling, bending over) and must lift weights (more than 20 kg).