The worker assembles, adjusts and uses machines to weld parts, steel or other metals used in the manufacturing of the company’s products.
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding instructions.
- Check parts before its assembly and welding (dimension, compliance with plans, etc.)
- Cleans and polishes the work pieces if necessary.
- Plan the order of assembly of the parts.
- Adjusts, collects and mobilizes parts using bolts, clamps, spot welding or other methods.
- Verify compliance with the plans or welding instructions.
- Select and adjust welding equipment. (Arc or gas)
- Weld the parts.
- Check the quality and penetration of the welds according to the standards.
- Brush, grind and polish the excess solder.
- Verify compliance of the finished products with the plans or welding instructions.
- Make corrections if necessary.
- Perform all other connected tasks attributed by the supervisor.
- Apply all CSST rules.
- To carry out the work, the employee must use among other things like the welding equipment, a grinder and tools under pressurized air.
Training and Knowledge:
- Professional degree in welding or equivalent
- Certification W 47-1 from the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB).
- More than three (3) years of experience in the welding field
- Good manual dexterity
- The worker must have a good coordination and manual dexterity in which precision is essential.
- The worker must maintain a high concentration and be attentive to detail during the accomplishment of the task.
- The worker is in constant movement (standing, kneeling, bending over) and must lift weights (more than 20 kg).