CNC plasma operator
The worker adjusts and operates a CNC cutting device to cut through pieces of steel or other metals used in the manufacturing of the company’s products.
- Read and interpret drilling plans, specifications or instructions.
- Select the appropriate cutting model compliant with the requirements.v
- Modify the model if necessary.
- Adjust the cutting device according to the material it will have to work on.
- Place the metal parts and lock the retaining elements.
- Operate and monitor the cutting operation.
- Verify compliance of the finished products with the plans or cutting instructions.
- Make corrections if necessary.
- Perform all other connected tasks attributed by the supervisor.
- Apply all CSST rules.
- To carry out the work, the employee must use among other things a calculator and a cutting torch.
Training and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- More than one year of experience in the field of metal cutting.
- Good manual dexterity
- The worker must have a good coordination and manual dexterity in which precision is essential.
- The worker must maintain a high concentration and be attentive to detail during the accomplishment of the task.
- The worker is in constant movement (standing, kneeling, and bending over) and must lift weights (more than 20 kg).
- The employee performs an activity requiring a constant effort of his hands and/or arms.