This worker adjusts and uses a variety of tools and machines in order to shape metal or similar materials into parts or products with precise dimensions.
- Determine the machine operations by interpreting plans, graphics or examining sample parts.
- Determine dimensions and tolerance and arrange the elements to be processed.
- Set up and operate various machines and tools for machining purposes (turning, milling, planing, drilling, etc.)
- Fit and assemble machined parts.
- Check the accuracy using a measuring device to insure proper conformity.
- Adjust if needed and proceed with necessary corrections.
- Perform all other connected tasks attributed by the supervisor.
- Apply all CSST rules.
- To finish jobs, worker must also use calculator, drill, lathe and milling machine.
Training and Knowledge:
- Professional degree in Machining or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year in machining industry
- Manual dexterity
- Reading tape measures (imperial and metric)
- Reading plans (drawings)
- The worker must possess good coordination and/or manual dexterity and precision is essential.
- The worker must maintain a high concentration and be attentive to detail during the accomplishment of the task.
- The worker is constantly standing and must occasionally lift weights (more than 20 kg).
- The worker must occasionally do tasks that require an effort of hands and arms.